Our technology is evidence based and we always rely on 3rd party validation of the product(s). Centexbel, Belgium; VITO, Belgium; Japan Food Research Laboratories; Kyoto Microbiological Laboratory, Japan; Kaken test Center, Japan; SITRA, India; Intertek, India; Ekoteks, Turkey; The Aachen-Maastricht Institute for Biobased Material; ...
"Patent pending at United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)"
It eliminated Staphylococcus aureus (including MRSA), Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Salmonella enteritidis to below the detection limit in less than 1 hour. In some test, complete bacterial killing was observed in less than 1 minute.
The viricidal activity of silver was shown in various research protocol.
- Silver Nanoparticles as Potential Antiviral Agents
- Silver nanoparticles are broad-spectrum bactericidal and virucidal compounds
- Similarities and Differences between Silver Ions and Silver in Nanoforms as Antibacterial Agents
- Potent antiviral effect of silver nanoparticles on SARS-CoV-2
- Inhibitory effects of silver nanoparticles on H1N1 influenza A virus in vitro
- Virucidal effect against coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 of a silver nanocluster/silica composite sputtered coating
- The bactericidal spectrum and virucidal effects of silver nanoparticles against the pathogens in sericulture
- Silver nanoparticles inhibit vaccinia virus infection by preventing viral entry through a macropinocytosis-dependent mechanism
- Silver nanoparticles as potential antiviral agents against African swine fever virus
- Interaction of silver nanoparticles with Tacaribe virus
- Antimicrobial silver: An unprecedented anion effect
- Antiviral activity of mycosynthesized silver nanoparticles against herpes simplex virus and human parainfluenza virus type 3
- Antibacterial Agents in Textile Industry
The fungicidal activity of our Silver products against Trychophyton mentagrophytes was demonstrated in the JIS L 1902 test. After less than 3 hours of incubation, no colony forming units were detectable.
Classification according to Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC and Medical Devices Regulation (EU) 2017/745
Medical Face Masks are classified according to Rule 1 for non-invasive devices, as devices that either do not touch the patient or contact intact skin only.
Click here for the Declaration of Conformity for one of our masks.
Classification according to the harmonised European standard EN 14683:2019+AC:2019
Medical face masks are classified as Type I and Type II according to bacterial filtration efficiency, whereby Type II is further divided (Type II and IIR) according to whether or not the mask is splash resistant. The 'R' signifies splash resistance.
Type I medical face masks should only be used for patients and other persons to reduce the risk of spread of infections particularly in epidemic or pandemic situations. Type I masks are not intended for use by healthcare professional in an operating room or in other medical settings with similar requirements.
Our masks have been tested at the following centers with its corresponding results:1. SUPRMASK Pro according to EN 14683:2019+AC:2019 at Centexbel, Belgium [Medical Device Surgical Mask Type IIR/3]. Similar results were obtained at The Aachen-Maastricht Institute for Biobased Material.
- Bacterial Frequency Efficiency of 99,48% [≥ 98%] with mean particle size of 2.8 μm [≤ 3,0]
- Breathability (Differential Pressure) of 48,7 Pa/cm2 [≤ 60]
- Splash test/ Fluid resistance: all samples passed (#32 masks)
2. SUPRMASK Premium at South India Textile Research Association, India
- Bacterial Frequency Efficiency (ASTM F2101) of 99,8% [≥ 98%] with mean particle size of 3.0 μm [≤ 3,0]
- Breathability (Differential Pressure) (ISO 16289-2014) of 28,0 Pa/cm2 [≤ 60]
- Particle Filtration Efficiency (ASTM F2299/F2299M-03 - 2010) of 98.89 % [≥ 95%] with mean particle size of 0.3 μm [≤ 0,3]
3. SUPRMASK Basic according to EN 14683:2019+AC:2019 at Centexbel, Belgium [Medical Device Surgical Mask Type I]
- Bacterial Frequency Efficiency of 95,75 % [≥ 95%] with mean particle size of 2.8 μm [≤ 3,0]
- Breathability (Differential Pressure) of 13,8 Pa/cm2 [≤ 40]
4. SUPRMASK Medical at South India Textile Research Association, India
- Bacterial Frequency Efficiency (ASTM F2101) of 99,5 % [≥ 98%] with mean particle size of 3.0 μm [≤ 3,0]
- Breathability (Differential Pressure) (ISO 16289-2014) of 20,0 Pa/cm2 [≤ 60]
- Particle Filtration Efficiency (ASTM F2299/F2299M-03 - 2010) of 98.82 % [≥ 95%] with mean particle size of 0.3 μm [≤ 0,3]
Safety and biocompatibility was proven in a few in vitro studies. (Japan Food research Laboratories)
- No skin sensitization was observed in compliance with ISO 10993-10:2010 (Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 10: Test for irritation and skin sensitization)
- No skin irritation was observed in compliance with ISO 10993-10:2010 (Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 10: Test for irritation and skin sensitization)
- No cytotoxicity was observed in compliance with ISO 10993:2009 (Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 5: Test for in vitro cytotoxicity)
- No heavy metals were used in the manufacturing process. (Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 January 2003)
- No risk was observed on the inhalation of silver particles. The level of particles that were inhaled remained far below safety norms.
- No heavy metals are used in the manufacturing process. (Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 January 2003)
- No sulphur based chemicals, sulphates, bromine, chlorine gas, organics etc are used in the production process.
- The water after our production process is processed by our own Effluent Treatment Plant and used to water the gardens. Hence, there is no net release of water into streams etc.
- We have permits which allows us to do the effluent treatment process. The water after treatment is tested by independent laboratories every month and also by the Government authorities on a random basis. We are always in compliance with local laws and regulations
- Once our silver comes in wastewater it will not negatively impact the effluent water treatment. Our tests have shown reduction of Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) in wastewater.
- Silver is obtained from vendors who possess valid licenses issued by the Government. This way we know silver procured is from legitimate sources
- Silver, being precious and a very important metal, can be safely recycled back to its native state. This way there is no net loss of resources of such a fantastic metal
- All silvers are not equal. Silver in nano size can potentially cause significant damage to aquatic lives and also on earth. Our silver has certain unique properties whereby they are always safe and work optimally. We have 3rd party testing showing our product is safe on skin, etc.
Various research articles have shown the safety profile of silver.