We use the following materials in our products:
Natural Fibers (generally used for their natural feel)
- BAMBOO (Viscose) - Used in applications where a soft, natural feel is important. It has good heat management properties, and like wool, it does absorb moisture – making it more desirable than wool in high-moisture applications.
- COTTON – Used in applications where a soft, natural feel is important. Its high moisture absorption makes cotton socks less suitable for activities where excessive moisture can lead to blisters.
Synthetic Fibers (generally used because they dry fast and are durable)
- NYLON (aka Polyamide) – A synthetic fibre commonly used for its ability to improve the stretch and fit of socks. Nylon fibres are strong, soft to the touch, and light weight.
- POLYESTER – A synthetic fibre commonly used for its high strength and hydrophobic properties. Polyester is used in socks for its ability to wick moisture away from the skin.
- SPANDEX (aka Elastane or Lycra) – A synthetic fibre known for its exceptional stretch and shape retention. An essential part of almost all socks, Spandex is commonly used in the cuff and arch to ensure a long-lasting secure fit.