ALLERGIC TO SILVER POSSIBLE? WHATEVER METAL DETECTORS?

We sometimes get the question if one can be allergic to silver. If, for example, one has a sensitivity to jewelry, this is not a crazy thought at all.

 

ALLERGIC TO SILVER?

No, allergic to silver is not possible, or at least very unlikely. There have been no cases reported in the past 20 years where this is the case. This is mainly due to the fact that our silver collection contains almost 100% pure silver. When, for example, one gets allergic reactions from a silver piece of jewellery, this is actually due to the metals that are even more incorporated in the jewellery. We call this alloy. Often copper is also used in silver, but tin and nickel are also used. And these are often the reasons for allergic reactions.

 

METAL DETECTORS?

Another question we regularly get is whether you can pass the metal detector at, for example, the airport. This is no problem at all. The material is fine enough not to be noticed by the detector. So you don't have to worry about being taken out of line because of hidden metals.

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published